Mobile data traffic is set to explode in 2010 putting strains on current 3G networks and causing network providers to reconsider pricing plans. Juniper research highlighted the sales of 33.8 million iphones as one of the main contributing factors to the rise in mobile data.
01. Mobile data traffic explosion to strain 3G networks, spur data pricing overhaul.
02. Mobile ecosystem starts to go green.
03. Mobile heads for the cloud.
04. New category of smartbooks to emerge.
05. Apps stores all round.
06. Mobile social networking to integrate with other applications including m-commerce.
07. NFC phones appear in the shops.
08. At least 10 LTE networks to be launched into service.
09. Smart phones to get augmented reality makeover.
10. Christmas kindle sales expected to herald the rise of the connected embedded consumer devices.
Juniper Research provides research and analytical services to the global hi-tech communications sector, providing consultancy, analyst reports and industry commentary. Juniper research released their list of top ten trends on December 15 2009.